EdX certifications are a great way to boost your career. They help you to demonstrate your capability and skills in technical or professional areas.
You could become a more attractive job candidate and improve your chances of getting hired. Also, these certifications are recognized by employers worldwide, which makes them an important addition to any resume.
Having edX certifications on your resume also legitimizes your skills and abilities. Employers can easily verify the certification status of an applicant and determine whether he/she is qualified for the job role.
This certification creates many advantages for anyone looking to gain recognition in the market. In this article, we will review the questions on the certifications from edX that most job applicants have.
Is edX Legit?
The common question every candidate has is about the legitimacy of a certification program. It’s very important to choose a program that is accredited and recognized by the industry.
Certifications from edX are some of the most legitimate in the market. Here are just a few reasons why:
- edX was established in 2012 in the MIT lab, with the first course from an MIT professor. edX currently offers 3500+ online courses across 30+ subject areas.
- edX course certifications are issued by some of the world’s top universities, including Harvard, MIT, Berkeley, and Boston, with the highest trust and quality ratings.
- Statistics show that the edX platform has grown exponentially, starting with 155,000 learners in 2013 and increasing to 40+ million across 196 countries by the end of 2021.
- By 2016, edX started the MicroMasters program that helped students earn real college credits. 92% of respondents who took the Micromasters program said it was worth the investment.
All courses offered by edX undergo a rigorous review process to ensure accuracy and legitimacy. EdX is one of the leading sources for online education and certification.
Data shows that edX certificates are widely accepted by employers, with over 95% of employers reporting that they recognize edx certificates as valid credentials for employment.
Do Employers Care About edX Certificates?
Employers do look for certified applicants. Below are the reasons why employers prefer certified candidates to fill in their job roles:
- Evidence of skills and qualifications – Many employers seek additional evidence of an applicant’s skills and qualifications, and edX certificates provide an excellent way to demonstrate knowledge in a specific area.
- Credibility – Employers value a verified certificate’s credibility and quality assurance from a trusted institution or organization.
- Proof of Competency – Additionally, some employers may offer job opportunities or career advancement that require an edX certificate as proof of competency.
Ultimately, having an edX certificate will show employers that you are committed to continuing your education and expanding your skillset, making you a more competitive candidate.
Top 10 edX Courses That Are Completely Free
Below is a carefully selected list of the top 10 edX courses that are completely free and offered by top institutes like Harvard. The courses are in batches, have a start date, and you must get enrolled.
|Data Analysis & Statistics||Data Science: Machine Learning||Harvard University||Free|
|Business & Management||Technology Entrepreneurship: Lab to Market||Harvard University||Free|
|Computer Science||CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science||Harvard University||Free|
|Food & Nutrition||Nutrition and Health: Human Microbiome||Wageningen University & Research||Free|
|Health & Safety||Artificial Intelligence in Health Care||MIT||Free|
|Biology & Life Sciences||Principles of Biochemistry||Harvard University||Free|
|Mathematics||Introduction to Probability||Harvard University||Free|
|Education & Teacher Training||Leaders of Learning||Harvard University||Free|
|Engineering||A Hands-on Introduction to Engineering Simulations||Cornell University||Free|
|Energy & Earth Sciences||Energy and Thermodynamics||Harvard University||Free|
Top 10 Paid edX Courses
Below is a carefully selected list of the top 10 paid edX courses offered by top institutes like Harvard.
Once you pay the course fees, you can complete it online at your own convenience. Course duration could range from a few months to years, depending on the course.
|Data Analysis & Statistics||Data Analysis for Genomics||Harvard University||Paid|
|Business & Management||Leadership and Communication||Harvard University||Paid|
|Computer Science||Computer Science for Web Programming||Harvard University||Paid|
|Food & Nutrition||Nutrition and Disease||Wageningen University & Research||Paid|
|Health & Safety||PredictionX||Harvard University||Paid|
|Biology & Life Sciences||Fundamentals of Neuroscience||Harvard University||Paid|
|Mathematics||MicroMasters® program in Statistics and Data Science||Harvard University||Paid|
|Education & Teacher Training||Big Data for Education||Harvard University||Paid|
|Engineering||Data Engineering Fundamentals||IBM||Paid|
|Energy & Earth Sciences||MicroBachelors® Program in University Chemistry||Harvard University||Paid|
Do edX Certificates Have Value?
EdX certificates are a great way to demonstrate your skillset and knowledge to potential employers. Here are some key reasons why they have value:
- Stand out – It gives your resume a shine and stands out from the crowd.
- Proof of Credentials – Provides verifiable proof of credentials and training.
- Professional Development – It shows that you have invested in your professional development.
- Learn New Skills – Proves that you are committed and driven to learn new skills.
- Prestigious Universities – Most edX certificates are backed by prestigious universities, so they carry extra credibility.
Can You Get a Job With Edx Certificate?
When it comes to job opportunities, getting edX certification can open new doors for you. Here’s a list of the most common jobs where hiring managers prefer certified applicants.
1. Data Analyst:
- This job requires an understanding of data and analytics.
- edX Data Analytics courses like AWS, Machine Learning, and Big Data Analytics can give you job-ready skills.
2. IT Manager:
- Applicants with edX certifications excel at Project management, Program & Portfolio management because they provide the skills needed to manage projects better.
- They equip students with good organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, and effective communication skills
3. Business Analyst:
- Business analysts are responsible for helping organizations recognize potential problems and provide solutions to those issues.
- With a certification from edX, you will acquire skills to spot trends in data analysis and present solutions quickly and accurately.
- As a software developer, you must be able to design and create applications that meet customer needs while being secure and reliable.
- Your certification course will give you the knowledge needed to do this successfully, whether it’s creating web apps or mobile applications.
With the right combination of skills, education, experience, and professional certifications, you can use edX certificates as an advantage in the job market and even increase your earning potential.
Having an edX certificate can also be seen as proof of your competency and helps employers ensure they are hiring someone qualified for the position.
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.Malcolm X
With edX certification, you’ll have the chance to learn from some of the top experts in the fields and have access to career-building resources to help you grow your career.
You can be sure that employers will recognize your skills and achievements and be more willing to consider you for new positions or promotions.
Investing in this certification is a great way to build a strong foundation for the future of your career.